As a service to our members, Pee Dee Electric offers convenient and secure options for paying your monthly power bill. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check, and Visa or MasterCard.
- Automatic Bank Draft - members can also choose to have their monthly power bill automatically deducted from a designated bank account each month. Once the bank deducts the amount of your bill from your account, that money is automatically credited to Pee Dee Electric. Account drafts usually take place between 10 - 14 days after the billing date indicated on the front of your statement. To set up automatic bank draft, bring or mail a VOIDED check to your local Pee Dee Electric office.
- Mail/ Night Deposit/ In Person Payments - Members always have the option of mailing in their payment, or they can use the night deposit drop box or make their payment in person at one of our two office locations.
- Pay By Phone - members can also pay their monthly bill via phone by using our automated system. Pay by phone is available 24/7 and accepts Visa or Mastercard forms of payment. To pay by phone, call 1-800-693-0190 and have your Pee Dee Electric account number ready.
- Pay Your Bill Online - with the Pee Dee Electric Customer Service Portal, members can pay their monthly electric bill from the comfort of their home. Internet encryption and top-notch security make paying your bill online a risk-free and easy option. Link to the Customer Service Portal.
- PrePay Electric Service - PrePay is an exciting option for prepaid electric service that offers the flexibility of purchasing your electricity when you want, in the amounts you choose. For more information, visit the PrePay Electric Service page.
Explanation of Billing, Late Fees and Returned Checks
Billing - Payments are due and payable upon receipt. Electric bills that are not paid within 25 days of the original billing date are considered Past Due, and are subject to a 1.5% penalty fee.
Late Fees - Once a bill is past due, it must be paid in full within 7 days or be subject to disconnection. A delinquent message and assessment of a $10 delinquent fee will be mailed and electric service will be subject to disconnection 7 days after the delinquent notice is mailed.
Disconnect/Reconnect - If power is disconnected due to non-payment, the past due balance must be paid in full, in addition to a $30 disconnect fee, $30 reconnect fee, and deposit if one is not on the account; as well as any overtime fees for reconnects that take place after 5pm and on Holidays.
Returned Checks - A $25 insufficient funds (NSF) check fee may be charged immediately from your bank account for any NSF checks returned by the bank. After two bad checks, Members will be required to pay with cash, money order, or certified check for two full years.