Electric cooperatives put time, money and expertise to work building the local economy and strengthening relationships with members. Across the nation, Touchstone Energy cooperatives improve their member' quality of life by:
- Taking a leadership role and investing in community and economic development projects.
- Educating students about safety and the environment.
- Generously donating time and energy for charities.
As a member-owned electric cooperative, Pee Dee Electric is committed to powering our community through human connections and empowering you, our members, to improve the quality of life throughout the communities in which we all live, work and play. From economic development to youth tours and scholarships, Pee Dee Electric believes in giving back to the community in a variety of ways. As a result, we stay actively involved in the communities we serve by offering our services to any school or civic organization.
Pee Dee Electric currently offers the following programs:
- Economic Development
- Safety & Awareness Educational Programs
- Co-op Connections Card
- Rural Electric Youth Tour to Washington, DC
- Pee Dee Electric Awareness Committee Scholarships
- Community College Scholarships
- NC Bright Idea Grant Program
- Care to Share Grant Program
- Basketball Camps